Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dolly Parton

From appearing on American Idol to songwriting to running Dollywood, Dolly Parton is a whirlwind of country music success these days. She's done it all -- performing before thousands and appearing in movies. Now she is putting out her own CD. See her new video, "Jesus & Gravity," on GAC.

Dolly News from GAC:

Dolly Parton has always been one of country music's most ambitious performers, and even now, more than 40 years after she first started appearing on the national charts, she continues to churn out projects.

The most obvious one is her recent album Backwoods Barbie, but it's hardly the only thing on her plate. She's about to open another season at the Dollywood theme park with a new ride and a new tribute to her former duet partner, Porter Wagoner. In the fall, she'll debut the theatrical stage version of 9 To 5. And she's also working on an autobiographical musical and a children's TV show, among several other projects.

"I can't tell anybody else how to run their life or their business, but I really believe I've got a good bead on myself," she told Billboard magazine. "I know who I am, I know what I can and can't do, I know what I will and won't do, I know what I'm capable of."

Dolly's latest video, "Jesus & Gravity," will air Friday on GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown.