Thursday, April 12, 2007

In Country Muisc News Today: Johnny Cash, Kenny Chesney, Tracy Lawrence, Little Texas


JOHNNY CASH

The former home of JOHNNY and JUNE CARTER CASH, now owned by BeeGee Barry Gibb, was destroyed by fire Tuesday.

Only the stone chimneys remained of the 13,880-square-foot house in Hendersonville, Tennessee. The cause of the blaze is unknown.

The Johnny and June Carter Cash family lived in the lakeside home from 1968 until their deaths in 2003. Scenes from cash's last video "Hurt" were shot at the house. (Photo: Reuters)

KENNY CHESNEY TOUR

KENNY CHESNEY kicks off his Flip Flop Summer Tour 2007 in Omaha tonight.

The tour name comes from Kenny's philosophy for living. In an interview with CMT, he said: "I have a friend that lives down in the islands. He's 60 years old and has never worn a pair of shoes in his whole life. He's either been barefoot or wearing flip-flops, and I thought, "I wish I could live like that." And then I thought for a second, "Well, you kind of do live like that." (laughs) ... It just creates a great atmosphere, and so I try really hard to bring a lot of the way I live my life into my music and especially into my tour. It's just another example."

Click here to read the CMT interview.

KENNY CHESNEY is featured in the Black Book Guide to Official Country Music Fan Clubs: The Top 100.

TRACY LAWRENCE INTERVIEW

TRACY LAWRENCE fans will want to check out CountryInterviewsOnline for an interview about his new album For the Love, recorded on his own label, Rock Comfort Records.

When asked about influences for the new album, which mixes traditional country, honky-tonk and rock, Tracy said: "What I really drew from was that I really wanted to go back to my early motivation with music, from when I first came to Nashville. I wanted to cut a more traditional album, but I didn’t want it to be dated. So I really looked for a lot more positive lyrics, more up-tempo stuff. I just wanted to get away from chasing the pop direction like everyone’s done so much of in the last several years. I guess I just wanted to go back to the basics and cut an album that was true to me."

LITTLE TEXAS Missing Years

LITTLE TEXAS has a new album, aptly named Missing Years, coming out on June 12.